I realised that I have never actually sat down and created a bucket-list, which is quite strange as I do love making lists! I live to travel so most of the things on my list will be travel related so it is actually more of a Travel-wish list.
I will definitely be trying to tick off everything on my list, but I also know that I will be adding to it as time goes by. As the clock is already ticking I am already working on making each one of these a reality!
As a nomad, there’s nowhere in the world I don’t want to see at some point, but there are definite things I want to do and places I want to see sooner rather than later.
Here is my very flexible Bucket List:
- Travel all around the world. Ok, this is a very vague dream, so lets simplify it a bit by saying I want to set foot on each continent.
- Do the Trans Siberian Railway from Russia to China
- Witness the Northern Lights in Iceland or Norway
- Walk the Camino trail. The Camino de Santiago (the Way of St. James) is a large network of ancient pilgrim routes stretching across Europe and coming together at the tomb of St. James (Santiago in Spanish) in Santiago de Compostela in north-west Spain.
- Time travel to ancient Athens, Greece
- Throw a coin in the Trevi fountain, Italy. Throwing of a coin from the right hand over the left shoulder will ensure that I will return to Rome in the future. ( I would love to visit it more than once).
Stand on the Giants Causeway in Ireland( August 2018)
- Tour the Colosseum in Rome, Italy
- Smell the Tulips in Amsterdam
- See my Reflection in Salar de Uyuni, Bolivia. It is the world’s largest salt flat at 10,582 square kilometers.
- Ride a Gondola in Venice, Italy
- Go to a show in the Moulin Rouge in Paris
- Attend Mass at Notre Dame Cathedral in Paris
- See the Mount Athos Byzantine Monasteries in Greece
- Visit Pompeii, Italy. Pompeii was mostly destroyed and buried under 4 to 6 m of volcanic ash and pumice in the eruption of Mount Vesuvius in AD 79.
- Marvel at the Vatican city
- Wear a Mask at Carnival in Venice
- Sail among the Greek Islands
- Visit the Blue Lagoon in Iceland. Mineral-rich hot water from far beneath the earth forms the spectacular lagoon, where a luxurious health spa has been developed in the rugged lava landscape.
- Hit the Casino in Monte Carlo
- Sleep in an Ice Hotel in Sweden
- Eat Traditional Fondue in Switzerland
- Get Spooked at the Catacombs in Paris
- Visit Dracula’s Castle in Transylvania, Romania
- Marvel at the Taj Mahal
- Drink genuine chai masala in India. Masala chai is a flavoured tea beverage made by brewing black tea with a mixture of aromatic Indian spices and herbs.
- Explore Malaysia’s UNESCO-protected nature’s paradise, Langkawi
- Cruise around the Phi Phi Islands, Thailand
- Chat with Monks at the Potala Palace in Lhasa, Tibet
- Get a Fish Pedicure in Asia
- Tour the Hanging Temple of Mount Hengshan in China. ( I hope to see this in the next two years!)
- Let Go of a Floating Lantern in Taiwan
- Take in the view from Taipei 101 (Asia’s tallest building, 509 m)
- See the sunrise at Shwedagon pagoda, Myanmar. It is a gilded stupa located in Yangon, Myanmar.
- Wander around the Borobudur Temple in Indonesia
- Travel to India and the Himalayas
- Visit the mysterious North Korea
- Drive a Cadillac to the Grand canyon. I love the movie Thelma and Louise so this has been on my list for quite a while.
- Go to an Opera in New York
- Take a Great American Road trip
- Watch the Fireworks at Disneyland
- Fly somewhere long-distance in first class
- See the Hollywood Sign and get to stalk my favourite actor Johny Depp.
- Explore New England in autumn, USA
- Watch the sunset in Key West, Florida, USA
- Play the slot machines in Las Vegas
- Go to the Top of the Empire State Building in New York
- See a Broadway Musical in New York City
- Go dog sledding
- See the statues of Easter Island
- Explore the Galapagos island. Thanks to a lack of natural predators, friendly wildlife such as playful sea lions and gigantic sea tortoises let visitors get up close and personal.
- Tour Havana in a classic car, Cuba
- Pay Homage to the Dead at the Dia de Los Muertos Festival in Mexico City
- Trek the Inca Trail
- Look Down From the World’s Tallest Waterfall- Angel Falls, Venezuela
- Take a cruise on the Amazon River
- See the Christ the Redeemer Statue in Rio de Janeiro
- Cruise under Niagara Falls, Canada
- Visit Victoria Falls in Zambia Zimbabwe
- Bargain in the Souks of Marrakech
- Scale Mount Massada, Israel
- Float in the Dead Sea
I can assure you, the more I travel, the longer this list grows.
What place do you think I should add to my list, and why?